Friday, September 7, 2012

A Girl Can Dream


Five years ago, "eco-fashion" was comprised of t-shirt dresses made from bamboo in semi-precious jewel tones that looked REALLY great on models and celebrity moms.
Finding wearable plus size clothing has always been a challenge for me personally.  I'm picky about what I put on, and often times, I don't dress the way I would if I was richerthinnerkirstendunst.  I have my go-to sites likes Asos CurveEvans, and even plain Old Navy.  But am I asking too much to want fashionable, eco-friendly, plus size options?  So far, I am.  (Except for Nancy Dee, which is FABULOUS, sustainable, and manufactured in the UK!!!)
Image
Nancy Dee - Louise Dress... so cute!
So, like millions of frustrated full figured women, I focus on accessories as a way to support sustainable businesses.  Luckily, thanks to Rebagz co-founder and designer, Marty Stevens-Heebner, I have hundreds of beautiful, recycled, on-trend bags and accessories at my finger tips!  (And believe me, I take full advantage of this.)  Case in point:
Image
Seriously, 1/4 of my collection.
I've come across so many legit eco-fabulous jewelry designers!  One of my favorites right now?  Concrete Polish, a Philadelphia jewelry company that uses 100% reclaimed precious metals whenever possible. Recycled jewelry and industrial materials are repurposed to cast new and beautiful ornaments infused with history.
Image
Stones and Bones Ring
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool, Los Angeles born and bred, flip flops devotee.  It takes A LOT to get me into anything else!  (I wore flip flops to my prom.)  Enter Olsen Haus.  You would be hard pressed to find a company more devoted and engaged to animal rights and fighting animal cruelty in the apparel industry.  And they went one step further - by creating an entire collection of extremely fashion forward designs that are completely vegan and cruelty-free.  (Like us!)
Image
Wonder in Camel/Brown
I look forward to the day when I can be sustainable from head-to-toe.  Here at Rebagz and in my "normal" life, I believe in putting my money where my mouth is.  I would buy Stella McCartney if it fit.
Are you listening, girlfriend?
-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment