Wednesday, October 17, 2012

5 Things I Love About Halloween!



1.  Gotta start by giving a big shout out to the MOST amazing thing about 10/31:  the mini sized candy bars.  While I know there are actually people out there that get super excited about Smarties, candy corn, circus peanuts, and raisins (gack!), there is nothing, and I mean literally nothing, better than a sweet pile of Nestle fun sized candy bars.  Bring on the tooth/stomach/head aches!  I have prepared all year for this sweet, sticky moment!  In short, if you see a 37-year-old female  in a bath robe and curlers trailing a rogue group of pre-teens, please refer to the infographics below:

   
2.  The Dog Costumes.  I am not one who normally condones the dressing up of animals, but those costumes are just everything!
        

3.  The Swag Bags.  I've always loved Halloween bags, but even as a kid I remember thinking it was a giant drag that my mom had to buy new ones every year along with costumes, face paint, candy, and on and on.  (I've had my eye on the dollar since way back.)  I am very proud to say that Rebagz has three different options that are actually PERFECT for a reusable option... and not just for Halloweens!  They can be used for dance classes, sleepovers, art supplies, Lego's, and much more.  From left:  "Never Go Hungry" Lunch Bag in Galaxy ($29) - zips closed with reinforced handles, Wherever Whatever Bag in Honeybee ($29) - roomy and open at the top, and (bottom) the Scrappy Bag in Best Mill ($23) - just a smaller version of the Wherever Whatever Bag.












4.   The Parties!  Who doesn't love a good old-fashioned backyard house party?  (We're obviously in sunny So Cal, where it is IKIDYOUNOT 95 degrees today. October 17.)  I love the varying degrees of effort adults and children put into their costumes!  Plus, bonus, when the kiddies leave to trick-or-treat, break out the jungle juice!

5.  The Togetherness.  I still love sitting with my mom in her front yard, handing out candy to the neighborhood kids.  I hope to do this with her for years to come, then eventually with my siblings when they have kids.  There is an energy about this night that no other night can compare to - everyone believes in the same thing, no one is divided by religion, class, or race, and we all have one singular goal:
xo - Alexis

1 comment: